6. There is no Community Arts Centre in my area, where can we raise this concern and who is responsible to build and maintain Community Arts Centres?

Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF version

The need for a Community Arts Centres is driven through local government. Communities must raise these need when consultations for the Integrated Development Planning (IDP) happen. It should be a priority of a Municipality to build one. There are particular funds that are available through the Cooperative Governance Ministry. An Infrastructure Grant for example is accessible for a municipal that wants to venture into community buildings/public amenities.