The call for proposals for the International Fund for the Promotion of Culture (IFPC) is now open
The call is open to:
(a) individuals, particularly artists and creators;
(b) public bodies with specific responsibility for the promotion of culture and artistic creation;
(c) non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profit private bodies whose objectives are in conformity with those of the Fund and whose activities contribute to the promotion of culture and artistic creation.
Priority is given to young artists and creators aged 18 to 30 years old.
Eligible activities fall under the following two categories:
- the production of cultural and artistic works;
- the organization of cultural and artistic events of national, regional and/or international scope contributing to the establishment of culture and development strategies and programmes.
Criteria for applying
a. the amount of assistance required is between US $20,000 and US $100,000 and covers no more than 80% of the total project budget;
b. another source of funding, whether financial or in kind, has been identified, covering at least 20% of the total estimated budget;
c. its activities fall under one of the two eligible categories indicated under the Operational Guidelines
d. the amount of assistance requested is appropriate for its implementation;
e. the proposed activities have a solid monitoring plan;
f. the project may have institutional, and/or socio-economic results;
g. may have a multiplier effect, inspiring the implementation of other measures, activities and projects;
h. have an implementation calendar for the activities proposed to be funded under the IFPC of a maximum of nine (9) months.
Practical information/online application process
- You are strongly advised to read the FAQs prior to starting the online application process;
- You must create an account in order to start your online application;
- The application form must be duly completed online;
- While filling the online application form, you may use the ‘SAVE” button at the end of the application form to save your work before submitting your project proposal;
- All applications must be completed in English or French;
- Please note that only one (1) application per applicant/project holder will be considered;
- Once your application has been submitted you will not be able to make any further changes;
- Final selection will be made in February 2016. Successful candidates only will be notified no later than two weeks following the date of the selection;
Please note that the deadline for submissions is on 29 May 2015 at noon Paris (France) time.
Applicants are advised to read the frequently asked questions (FAQs) prior to applying: https://en.unesco.org/ifpc/content/apply-for-support/faqs
To access the online application form, please go to: https://en.unesco.org/ifpc/applicationform/register
Due to the large number of applications, there may be technical issues during the hours close to the deadline. We therefore recommend that you submit your project proposal well in advance of the deadline. Applications which, for technical issues or for issues of any other kind, are not received within the deadline will not be accepted.