Nomination of candidates to serve on the councils of Cultural Institutions
In terms of the Cultural Institutions Act, 1998 (Act No. 119 of 1998), the Minister of Arts and Culture, Mr Nathi Mthethwa, hereby invites members of the heritage fraternity and the general public to nominate persons to serve as members of the Councils of the following cultural institutions:
- Afrikaanse Taalmuseum en -monument (Paarl, Western Cape)
- Luthuli Museum (Groutville, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Msunduzi Museum incorporating the Voortrekker Complex (Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal)
- National English Literary Museum (Grahamstown, Eastern Cape)
- War Museum of the Boer Republics (Bloemfontein, Free State)
- William Humphreys Art Gallery (Kimberley, Northern Cape)
Nominees should have a broad understanding of and experience in the field of heritage; managerial and financial expertise; legal knowledge; knowledge of marketing, liaison, fundraising, education and cultural/social research, and corporate governance; as well as a willingness to render community service. The remuneration of persons appointed will be in line with the remuneration scheme guidelines of the National Treasury.
Anyone wishing to nominate persons to serve on these Councils should submit the following:
(a) A letter containing the full names, address and telephone numbers of the nominee, giving reasons for the nomination;
(b) An updated curriculum vitae of the nominee, including the names and contact details of three referees;
(c) A brief statement, signed by the nominee, explaining his/her suitability for appointment.
No nomination will be considered unless all of the above are included. Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Should you not be contacted within three months from the closing date, please consider your nomination as unsuccessful.
A separate nomination must be submitted for each of the institutions.
Nominations should reach the Director-General of the Department of Arts and Culture by 30 June 2017.
Please post nominations to: Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001,
Nominations may be emailed as follows:
- Afrikaanse Taalmuseum, William Humphreys Art Gallery, and the National English Literary Museum: email@example.com
- War Museum of the Boer Republics, Luthuli Museum, and the Msunduzi Museum: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: this advert is available in the other official languages on the websites of the Department of Arts and Culture and the cultural institutions.
Telephonic enquiries: Mr Sibusiso Tsanyane on 012 441 3492 and Ms Phindiwe Nguzo on 012 441 3047.