Nomination of candidates to serve on the councils of Performing Arts Institutions (Cultural Institutions)
In terms of the Cultural Institutions Act, 1998 (Act 119 of 1998), the Minister of Arts and Culture, Mr Nathi Mthethwa invites members of the performing arts (Playhouse/Theatres) fraternity and the general public to nominate persons to serve as members of Council of the following Performing Arts Institutions (Cultural Institutions)
- South African State Theatre (SAST) (Pretorial, Gauteng)
- Artscape (Cape Town, WC)
- Performing Arts Centre for the Free State (PACOFS) (Bloemfontein, FS)
- The Playhouse Company (Durban,KZN)
Nominated candidates should possess a broad understanding and experience in the field of heritage; performing arts; managerial; financial expertise; legal; marketing and liaison; fundraising; education and cultural/social research; corporate governance, as well as a willingness to render community service. The remuneration of the appointed nominees is in line with the remuneration scheme of the National Treasury guidelines as prescribed in the Cultural Institutions Act as amended.
Anyone wishing to nominate persons to serve as members of Council of the aforementioned Performing Arts Institutions (Cultural Institutions) should submit the following:
- A letter containing full names, address and telephone numbers of the nominee, giving reasons for nomination;
- Recently updated Curriculum Vitae of the nominee, including three contactable references;
- A brief statement signed by the nominee explaining his/her suitability for appointment.
No nomination will be considered unless all of the above are included. Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Should you not be contacted within 3 months from the closing date, consider your nomination unsuccessful.
A Separate nomination must be submitted for each of the institutions.
Nominations are to reach the Director-General of the Department of Arts and Culture by 30 June 2017 via post: Private Bag X897 Pretoria 0001 for attention: Ms Lindeka Moeng
Email nominations can be submitted as follows:
- South African State Theatre; Artscape; Performing Arts Centre of the Free State and The Playhouse Company: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this advert is available on the websites of the DAC and Entities. Telephonic enquiries: Ms Lindeka Moeng on 012 441 3478.