The South Africa Cultural Observatory 2017 National Conference
The conference – which seeks select international, national and local perspectives on the interface between the creative economy and development – will take place on 24 and 25 May, 2017, at the Turbine Hall in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The SACO is seeking speakers to present papers for the conference under the conference’s major theme: ‘The Creative Economy & Development – Perspectives from Developed and Emerging Economies’.
In support of the major theme, papers, presentations and panel discussions are invited within the following thematic areas:
- Area Studies: Particularly from a European, BRICS and African perspective.
- Understanding the Creative Economy: Trends and Issues.
- The Creative Economy: Value and Development across the CCIs.
- Public Policy and the Creative Economy.
- Human Resources in the CCIs.
- Research & Mapping.
- The South African Experience: Current and Emerging Issues.
A number of high-level national and international keynote speakers will be in attendance. An announcement regarding these will be made by March 2017.
More information: http://bit.ly/2ltQlBh