Swiss Art Council Prohelvetia ANT project funding
The primary focus of this funding is to assist in the distribution of new and existing works to a broader Southern African audience and to enable transnational collaboration and sharing of knowledge and expertise.
Projects will be supported for up to a maximum of ZAR 60 000.00/US$ 5000 and applicants are encouraged to seek additional funding from other sources.
Projects should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
• Funds should be used towards arts & culture projects within Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles, Tanzania (including Zanzibar), Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
• Projects which provide increased public exposure of high quality contemporary work across national borders (e.g. presentation of an Angolan work in South Africa and Zimbabwe); AND / OR
• Projects which involve or promote exchange and collaboration in or between countries within Southern Africa AND / OR
• Projects which involve the sharing or transfer of skills between professionals across the region.
• All projects should be completed by end November 2017.
Pro Helvetia Johannesburg does not support:
• Commercial or profit-oriented projects
• Training of non-professionals
• Formal education programmes or course fees
• Video/film production (though will support content development for digital/on-line distribution)
• Generally artists’ fees are not covered, but can be considered in exceptional circumstances.
How to apply:
• Applications must be made using the Application Form attached.
• Completed applications must be emailed to Pro Helvetia Johannesburg regional at prohelvetia.org.za
• Your emailed application should include the words “ANT project funding application” in the subject line.
• Submit applications by November 07 2016, for projects that will be completed between January 2017 and end November 2017.
• Application outcomes will be announced on or before November 22 2016.
Applications received are screened and assessed by Pro Helvetia Johannesburg. The final outcome of applications is dependent on approval by the management of Pro Helvetia Johannesburg.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email. Please ensure to follow up via phone or email should you not receive an acknowledgement email within 3 days after deadline date. Only fully completed (digital) applications in the format detailed below will be processed.
The information on your application form becomes an integral part of the contract in the event of your application being successful.