Purpose: Improve economic and other development opportunities for South African arts and culture, nationally and globally, through mutually beneficial partnerships, thereby ensuring the sustainability of the sector.
The branch consists of the following chief directorates:
Chief Directorate: Investing in Culture
- Scale up the implementation of the Expanded
Public Works Programme (EPWP).
- Developing Market access for supported
- Development of strategic partnerships (PPPs)
- Skills development and skills transfer for
- Ensure compliance and operationalise
effective and efficiency reporting on the IIC
Directorate: Poverty Alleviation Projects
+27 (12) 441-3734
+27 (12) 441 3436/3446
Chief Directorate: Cultural Development
+27 (12) 441-3062 or 3047
- Transformation of the Sector
- Skills Development and Skills Transfer
- Institutional Development
- Employment Creation
- Development of Markets
- Research and Development
Chief Directorate: International Relations
- To consolidate the African Agenda on Culture.
- To strengthen Bilateral Relations.
- To contribute to the Global Dialogue on
Culture in Multilateral Fora.
- Resource leveraging through Overseas
Development Assistance (ODA).
Directorate: Bi-Lateral Cooperation
Directorate: Multi-laterals and Resourcing