Purpose: Corporate Services provides overall management and centralised support services to departmental core programmes in order to create an enabling environment for the achievement of
The branch consists of the following chief directorates:
Chief Directorate: Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation
- To align and integrate DAC activities with
Government Programme of Action (GPOA).
- To ensure coordination of Arts, Culture and
Heritage Legislative review.
- To ensure full compliance and adherence to
National Treasury Regulations.
- To coordinate departmental inputs for State
of the Nation Address (SoNA).
- To align and integrate DAC Monitoring &
Evaluation systems with Government
Wide Monitoring & Evaluation (GWM&E)
- To build capacity through recruitment and
- To drive implementation of Performance
Management and Development System
- To ensure alignment of DAC employees’
Performance Agreements with DAC Strategic
- To ensure compliance with Human Resource
- To ensure healthy and safe working
environment within the Department.
- To ensure compliance with the Skills
Development Act, 97 (Act No. of 1998).
Directorate: Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation
Directorate: Risk Management
Functions: Risk Management Unit
- Develop, implement and advise on risk management systems and compile an annual Risk Management Plan
- Provide advice and guidance to management in establishing and communicating the organization and ERM objectives, policies and strategy
- Determine risk tolerance in conjunction with Senior Management and enhance risk management tools and techniques
- Facilitate risk identification and control improvement
- Facilitate risk management through the strategic planning cycle
- Plan and co-ordinate risk management activities and interpret risk management information within the Department
- Analyze and report on a consolidated department risk profile
- Create awareness and implement the roll-out of the Fraud Prevention Plan
Chief Directorate: Communications Unit
- To create a comprehensive and coherent corporate communications and marketing framework and strategy.
- To engage the public through promoting arts,
culture and heritage.
- To promote unified communication between
the DAC, provincial departments of arts,
culture and related bodies and institutions.
Chief Directorate: Marketing and PR
Chief Directorate: Chief Financial Oficer
Directorate: Financial Administration
+27 (12) 441 3100
- To provide effective and efficient financial management systems within the Department and associated institutions.
- To provide enabling financial administration
services as well as internal controls.
Directorate: Integrated Supply Chain Management
- To ensure the implementation of supply chain
management processes and procedures.
- To ensure administration of departmental
Asset Register and implement processes to
safeguard these assets.
Subdirectorate: Internal Audit
- To provide internal audit services on risk,
compliance and performance.
Directorate: Corporate Governance
- To promote Corporate Governance (CG) in the Public Entities.
Directorate: Information Systems, Technology and Security
- To provide supportive infrastructure to enhance efficient information processing.
- To ensure compliance with regulatory
requirements, e.g. Minimum Information
Security Standards (MISS), ISO17799.
- To provide effective and efficient service to
the whole arts and culture sector.
Chief Directorate: Human Resource Management
Directorate: Human Resources Management
Directorate: Performance Management and Development
Directorate: Facilities Management
- To ensure the implementation of the Government Immovable Asset Management Act (GIAMA).
- To provide a uniform framework for the
management of immovable assets that are
held or used by DAC public entities.
Directorate: Legal Services
- To ensure compliance to DAC laws and other legislation.
- To provide legislative support for the DAC
- To provide legal training within the