03 September 2012
The Ministry and the Department of Arts and Culture welcome the appointment of and congratulate the Board of the National Library of South Africa (NLSA). Their term begins on the 1 October 2012 and ends on the 30 September 2015.
The Chairperson of the Board is Ms E R Tise, the immediate past President of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), Senior Director of Library and Information Services at Stellenbosch University.
The Members of the Board are:
- Mr LAO Ebrahim, a business person;
- Ms EM Josias-Manuel, Lecturer at Tshwane University of Technology at the Polokwane Campus;
- Ms R Kalidas, Chartered Accountant of R Kalidas and Associates in Nelspruit;
- Mr KD Madumo, Strategic Executive Director in City of Tshwane;
- Dr WP Rowland, Senior Manager at the South African Disability Development Trust;
- Dr DS Selematsela, Executive Director of Knowledge Management & Evaluation at National Research Foundation;
- Ms MA Sukati, Group Executive of Internal Audit at the South African Revenue Service;
- Prof LJ Teffo, Head of Institute for African Renaissance Studies at the University of South Africa and
- Mr JK Tsebe (ex officio) CEO and National Librarian of the National Library of South Africa.
As we promote the culture of reading through our Libraries, we draw your attention to the fact that our Minister of Arts and Culture, Mr Paul Mashatile has launched the third National Book Week today, which runs from 3-8 September 2012, in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape. National Book Week is an initiative of the Department of Arts and Culture in association with the South African Book Development Council (SABDC).
For any enquiries, please contact Percy Mthimkhulu on 082 389 2684
Or Andrew Malotle at the National Library on 072 2111 595
back to top