||Mr Paul Mashatile
|Minister of Arts and Culture of the Republic of South Africa since 1 Nov 2010
|Date of Birth: 21 October 1961
- Deputy Minister of Arts and Culture of the Republic of South Africa since 11 May 2009 - Oct 2010
- Premier of Gauteng Province (2008-2009).
- Gauteng MEC for Finance and Economic Affairs (2004 - 2008).
- Gauteng MEC for Housing (1999-2004).
- Gauteng MEC for Transport and Public Works (1996-1998).
- Gauteng MEC for Safety (1998-1999).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Economic Principles from University of London.
- Provincial Chairperson of African National Congress (ANC) in Gauteng Province since 2007.
- Member of the South African Communist Party (SACP).
- Member of the Congress of South African Students (Cosas).
- Founding member of the Alexandra Youth Congress in 1983.
- Co-founder of the South African Youth Congress (SAYCO).
- Participated in the co-ordination of the International Year of the Youth Campaign in 1985.
- Active member in the underground structures of the African National Congress (ANC) and South African Communist Party (SACP).
- He participated in and led many United Democratic Front (UDF) campaigns, including Million Signature Campaign, the rent boycott and the campaign to unban the ANC.
- Secretary of the UDF in the Southern Transvaal from 1985-1991.
- Harassed by the security police and was detained under the state of emergency in 1985 and again in 1987.
- Held for almost four years without trial, and during that period went on hunger strike for 18 days as part of a nationwide hunger strike protest.
- Released from prison and placed under house arrest until the unbanning of the ANC in 1990.
- Survived an attempt on his life by the apartheid regime when his home was bombed.
- Played a leading role in re-establishing the structures of the ANC and SACP in Gauteng after the unbanning in 1990.
- Served as Secretary of the SACP in the Transvaal Region until 1992.
- Served as a Political Education Officer under the Chairpersonship of ANC Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe.
- Served as a Provincial Secretary under Chairpersonship of ANC former Gauteng Premier Tokyo Sexwale.
- Served as the Deputy Chairperson under the Chairpersonship of ANC former Gauteng Premier Mathole Motshekga.
- Member of the Provincial Executive Committee under the Premiership of Mbhazima Shilowa.
- Elected as ANC Chairperson of Gauteng province since 2007
- Member of the National Executive Committee of the ANC from 1992-1998.
- Member of the Gauteng Provincial Legislature and the leader of the House in 1994.