Nomination of candidates to serve on the Councils of Cultural Instututions
In terms of the Cultural Institutions Act, 1998 (Act No. 119 of 1998), the Minister of Arts and Culture, Mr Nathi Mthethwa, hereby invites members of the heritage fraternity and the general public to nominate persons to serve as members of the Councils of the following cultural institutions:
- Ditsong Museums of South Africa (Pretoria)
- Iziko Museums of South Africa (Cape Town)
- Robben Island Museum (Cape Town)
Nominees should have a broad understanding of and experience in the field of heritage; managerial and financial expertise; legal knowledge; knowledge of marketing, liaison, fundraising, education and cultural/social research, and corporate governance; as well as a willingness to render community service. The remuneration of persons appointed will be in line with the remuneration scheme guidelines of the National Treasury.
Anyone wishing to nominate persons to serve on these Councils should submit the following:
- A letter containing the full names, address and telephone numbers of the nominee, giving reasons for the nomination;
- An updated curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications and identity document of the nominee, including the names and contact details of three referees;
- A brief statement, signed by the nominee, explaining his/her suitability for appointment.
No nomination will be considered unless all of the above are included. Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Should you not be contacted within three months from the closing date, please consider your nomination as unsuccessful.
A separate nomination must be submitted for each of the institutions.
Nominations should reach the Director-General of the Department of Arts and Culture by 15 April 2019. Please post nominations to: Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001, Attention: Ms Nthabiseng Apies.
Nominations may be emailed as follows:
- Iziko Museums of South Africa and Robben Island Museum: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ditsong Museums of South Africa: email@example.com
Telephonic enquiries: Mr Sibusiso Tsanyane on 012 441 3492 and Ms Phindiwe Nguzo on 012 441 3047.